New here! :)

Options
linxxy77
linxxy77 Member Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2023 in Breast Cancer #1

Hey guys! All of my aunts on my mom's side of the family had had breast cancer so I'm very worried. I found a small mole on my left areola a couple of months ago and didn't think anything of it, but recently just started thinking about it as I was looking at it the other day. Obviously Googled, which freaked me out even more. Normally I would possibly think possible melanoma because it's a mole, but apparently getting a new mole on your breast can be a sign of breast cancer. The earliest I can get in to see my primary is 10/13 so I'm full of nerves and my anxiety is very high right now. I'm genuinely curious if anyone on here has found a breast mole (chest area of breast, areola like me or nipple) and had it turn out to be cancer? Mine is small, round and a tan/brown color, but once again it just popped up in that random spot.

Thank you for any information that is given!!

Comments

• LovesPrimes
    LovesPrimes Member Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Hi, linxxy77! I can't help with the mole situation but I sure can empathize with your family history. My dad was from a large family and had five sisters. Four of them got breast cancer and the one that didn't died in a car accident. Additionally, I lost my sister to ovarian cancer and my mother to breast cancer. Years ago, I underwent genetic counseling and testing and they were able to determine a genetic component (BRCA) but I tested negative for that. My doctors continued to treat me as higher risk and thankfully we caught my breast cancer early.

Before my mastectomy, breast imaging, whether mammogram, ultrasound, or MRI, was so very stressful for me because of my family history. However, until I was diagnosed, I didn't realize that deep down I thought somehow that the increased protocol meant I would never have breast or ovarian cancer. It was very hard for me to accept at first and I am continuing to process my grief and loss.

I very much hope that your mole is just a mole and not a sign of something else. I'll be praying for you and hope to hear whatever news you get here. I know myself and others will be here for you whatever you need.

• hubs2005
    hubs2005 Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Hope you are well, did you get an answer at the doctor's office? I've never had a mole but any changes should be looked at and possibly biopsied. One thing I've learned through my journey of having breast cancer is that it takes too long to get in to the doctor (it never used to be that way in the 80's, early 90's) and you have to advocate for your self and push for testing. Doctors tend to blow things off in my experience.

• Sunny5
    Sunny5 Member Posts: 147 Member
    Options

I certainly hope it was nothing. Please keep us posted! I have gotten numerous moles in various places since I got older but they are not cancerous. I pray yours wasn't either!