Concerned about possible esophageal cancer

Options
walissa650
walissa650 Member Posts: 1 *
edited September 2023 in Esophageal Cancer #1

Hi All,

I'm concerned about esophageal cancer and I have an endoscopy scheduled for next month. My history: I've had GERD since I was 12 years old (I'm 30 now) and took PPI's from 12 yrs old up until a year ago when I switched to the max dose of famotidine because I was dx'd with osteopenia. I have gastroparesis which causes my GERD to become worse because the food sits in my stomach and comes back up (my dr wants me to have a pyloroplasty done). I have noticed that I've been having trouble swallowing food without it getting caught in my throat and especially swallowing pills. It seems like I have a constant lump in my throat and tightness in my chest. I have pain when eating occasionally which I thought was just due to eating too fast. I reflux into my mouth food and water when I eat and burp a lot when I eat and drink and get the hiccups often which last a long time. I have an unbearable cough that wakes me up (feels like I'm going to throw up) when I sleep and when I wake up (lots of phlegm). I've also been losing my voice once a month for 1-2 weeks at a time. However, I got a endoscopy last year and it showed only mild changes. Could things change this fast between just a year? Thank you for any advice you can give.

Comments

• carolmurrk
    carolmurrk Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I have very similar symptoms. Did this turn out to be EC?