lower dose chemo for the elderly

Options
mart62
mart62 Member Posts: 31 Member

Was just reading about lower dose for the elderly some say it has no effect on outcome and others say it does have a negative effect on outcome . Idont want to do anything to affect the outcome.

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

Mart stick with your care team, they know your case and they know what you need, go with their recommendations.

Take Care, God Bless

Russ

• mart62
    Options

Still trying to shake the depression after my 2 wk stay with Debbie Downer am feeling alittle better today but it is hard to shake.Made an appointment with my therapist for Monday

• wbcgaruss
    Options

Mart, get with your care team and let them know your status and what went on. Get some meds if needed but don't let this linger you have fought too long and too hard.

Forget about what this relative said, it is their opinion and is not relevant to your case. You know you and you know your care plan, just concentrate on that and look forward with delight to getting it done and your cancer being gone.

Don't let others influence you with unkind ideas and words just look to the positive and a brighter day tomorrow as you now finish up your treatment plan.

Trust in God he is watching over you and pray a lot. God is taking care of you numbering your steps, he said no one can pluck you from his hand he is caring for you.

Also, count your Blessings--count them one by one that's what I do when I am feeling down, just get out a piece of paper and start writing them down such as I have food, I have a roof over my head, I am getting good treatment for my cancer, my care team watches over me and cares about me and so on I hope you get the idea, Mart.

Take care God Bless You Mart.

Take care God Bless You Mart.

• mart62
    Options

Meeting with new oncologist today where I live. I feel like I am starting over although they are supposed to follow the same protocol as my previous Drs in Baltimore. What really worries me why i am not getting more radiation onky chemo. I plan to discuss this with my new Dr. Thanks Russ . It is well with my soul.

• wbcgaruss
    Options

Oh! dear Mart I hope so, that means so much, God Bless You-Russ