it is not my boday anymore

Options
loloALB
loloALB Member Posts: 5 Member

I have a very long treatment of breast cancer, with 5 tumor in my breast I should remove it completely after doing mastectomy and Implant I lost the symmetric with the other breast completely my look is ugly and I don't feel this is my body anymore, can anyone give me any advice to accept this **** as my body again, I used to have a perfect one and now I don't know what to do or how to look in mirror

please help

Comments

• mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Embrace your scars. Do I like how I look after a mastectomy and chest wall reconstruction after removing some ribs and rebuilding my sternum? No I do not but they are my battle scars that show how much i fought to be here. Try to focus on what is important. I am sorry you are having trouble accepting your new look. I know its hard. I never had a perfect one but i still embrace my scars they are part of who i am and how i got to be here. Live life to the fullest and remember your here and a survivor!

• RocDocVic
    RocDocVic Member Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Perhaps get a 2nd opinion from a breast reconstruction surgeon. See what can be done to make it better. I've read you want a good one in addition to the oncology surgeon.