Dad with esophageal cancer

Options
Herm
Herm Member Posts: 2 Member
edited September 2023 in Esophageal Cancer #1

Hi I am here to ask for some hope since my dad has 74 year got diagnosed with esophagus cancer on mid of june he will have the surgery in aboutvtwo weeks his cancer hasnt spread to any organ per last diagnosed have any of you had a surgery at that age my dad has never smoke or drink alcohol i am scared my soul in now in a storm please give me any hope i am not ready to lose my dad.

Comments

• cindyjones7712
    cindyjones7712 Member Posts: 2 *
    Options

Hello I was diagnosed with stage 3 esophageal cancer. It's a blessing the cause has not metastasize to other areas of body my condition is also the same. I was 59 but I was diagnosing night about 60 years old. I had a esophagectomy where they removed my esophagus and a portion of my stomach. My stomach was pulled up to replace my esophagus. I was on a feeding tube for several weeks after. I was home recovering after 10 days. It's amazing how they do the surgery because it is partially robotic and very small insions. Your dad will be in good hands. I was supposed how quickly I recovered from the surgery. It will be some days that will be difficult and it was an adjustment that was slow because my stomach is basically in mu chest. So I had to eat soft foods and get used to the feeling of food sitting at the top of my throat. So stay positive and have faith that your dad will be restored to good health. Love is the best medicine. Your in my prayers and I hope to hear how your dad us doing. Wishing you both love and sunshine 💛

Cindy J.

• cindyjones7712
    cindyjones7712 Member Posts: 2 *
    Options

Correction, it a blessing the cancer has not metastasize to other areas of his body. My 🙏🏾 was the same. I am now 60 years old.

• ACS11
    ACS11 Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Cindy, where did you have your treatment? We just found out, and my husband is having more testing done this and next week and I want to make sure he will be in the best hands. Thank you

• Herm
    Herm Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Thank you for sharing just what I need in this moment my dad surgery will be in two weeks and I am so scared.