Unfortunately RADIATION TREATMENT Causes Short And Long Term Side Effects

Options
wbcgaruss
wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,276 Member
edited September 2023 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

Here is a communication and study I have come across from a Doctor, Dr. Itzhak Brook MD about radiation's short and long term side effects. There is a link that takes you to a Pdf. He has covered the subject of radiation effects very well and it is good information for our H&N group very interesting and well-covered.

Unfortunately, RADIATION TREATMENT causes short and long term side effects. There are ways of coping with each of them. Enclosed is a link to my article about the late side effects of radiation treatment for head and neck cancer. https://www.e-roj.org/upload/pdf/roj-2020-00213.pdf

Itzhak Brook MD

The second page is a chart and it is flipped but the best way to read it is to look at the bottom and check the list of side effects. The page can be flipped if you download the article and open it in Adobe Acrobat or any other Pdf. reader you may be using, here are the instructions below--

How to rotate pages in a PDF:

1. Open the PDF in Acrobat.
  2. Select the “Organize Pages” tool: Choose “Tools” > “Organize Pages.” Or, select “Organize Pages” from the right pane.
  3. Choose pages to rotate: ...
  4. Rotate pages: ...
  5. Save PDF:

Take care, God Bless

Russ

Comments

• Diogenese
    Diogenese Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Hi Mary!

See? We have already been making progress and the rate of progress is improving exponentially..

On Jan. 12, 2023, the American Cancer Society released its annual compilation of cancer facts and trends, which reported that since its peak in 1991, cancer mortality in the U.S. has dropped 33 percent.

I just passed two years NED

• mart62
    mart62 Member Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Home at last but I have come down with a 24Hr bug felt ruff yesterday but better today . Been reading about reduced dosing for chemo in the elderly. I had some nasty side effects Some of the literature says it doesnt compromise the outcome others say it does. i certainly do not want to compromise anything

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

Mart stick with your care team, they know your case and they know what you need, go with their recommendations.

Take Care, God Bless

Russ