Help me understand my path report

Options
TammyLouMar
TammyLouMar Member Posts: 6 Member
edited September 2023 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Histologic Type: Endometrioid carcinoma, NOS

Histologic Grade: FIGO grade 2

Two-Tier Grading System: Low grade (encompassing FIGO 1 and 2) Myometrial Invasion: Not identified

Uterine Serosa Involvement: Present

Lower Uterine Segment Involvement: Not identified

Cervical Stromal Involvement: Not identified

Other Tissue / Organ Involvement: Right fallopian tube

Peritoneal / Ascitic Fluid: Malignant cells present (NG-23-1692). Lymphatic and / or Vascular Invasion: Not identified

Regional Lymph Nodes

Regional Lymph Node Status: All regional lymph nodes negative for tumor cells Lymph Nodes Examined

What does this all mean? Surgery was a week ago and I have another week before my follow up appointment. I’m scared and worried and have a very difficult time being the patient. Help please

Comments

• Icantbelieveit
    Icantbelieveit Member Posts: 27 Member
    edited September 2023 #2
    Options

Above what you have copied here, there should be a diagnosis section, what does that say. It should be underneath the section called CASE REPORT and above the section called COMMENT. In fact, the DIAGNOSIS section should be near the top. That should help in finding out what may be next. You also can absolutely contact your surgeon's office to ask someone to give you further information about the report, but I don't think any plan is going to be unveiled until your postop appointment.

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Welcome Tammylou. It's hard when we see the pathology report before seeing the doctor. Some things I see in this report. No lower involvement which is good news. Tumors in the lower segment recur more. No lymph-vascular space invasion is good too. I read that the vessels are too small to differentiate so they just use that term. Lower grade is good too. No myometrial invasion seen which is good. They say that because they don't actually biopsy every cell in your uterus so the biopsies they did were negative. When they examine the uterus they can see suspicious areas. Lymph node biopsied were negative for cancer which is good. It doesn't say how many they biopsied.

So it says the abdominal wash had some cancer cells in it. They actually put fluid into our abdomen and then remove it to do this test my understanding. Your report says ascites which may be fluid that was present at the time of surgery. I have read that a positive pelvic wash does not affect staging. And then looks like some cancer cells in your right fallopian tube. I am not a doctor. Waiting is the hardest part for. me. I hope the doctors office is able to give you a little more information and you don't have to wait a week.

• Icantbelieveit
    Icantbelieveit Member Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I agree with the comment from Forherself. It's a good thing that it's still lower grade, no lymph nodes involvement. The membrane lining the uterus had some cancer cells and there were some cells in that right fallopian tube, but we couldn't say whether the same cancer cells are in both places. I also am not a doctor and your doctor is going to be the person who can interpret this report in the context of your medical history, which they are familiar with. What usually happens with these results is they are taken to a tumor board where multiple oncologists review the case, give their input and collectively decide what the next steps might be, if any.

• TammyLouMar
    Options

Final Diagnosis:

1. Peritoneum, anterior abdominal wall, excision:

Benign mesothelial proliferation, see Comment. 2. Lymph node, left pelvic, sentinel lymph node biopsy:

Lymph node, negative for malignancy (0/1).

3. Lymph node, right pelvic, sentinel lymph node biopsy:

Lymph node, negative for malignancy (0/1). 4. Rectal serosa, biopsy:

Endometrial adenocarcinoma, see Comment. 5. Peritoneum, midline bladder, biopsy:

Benign fibrous tissue.

6. Uterus, cervix, bilateral fallopian tubes and ovaries; total hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy:

Endometrial adenocarcinoma, endometrioid type, FIGO Grade 2, see Cancer Summary.

No myometrial invasion is identified, see Comment.

Tumor involves right fallopian tube and uterine serosa.

Adenomyosis.

Leiomyomata, intramural.

Endometriosis, involving left fallopian tube.

Endocervical polyp.

Unremarkable bilateral ovaries.

7. Peritoneum, right lateral bladder, biopsy: Endometrial adenocarcinoma.

Does this help?

• TammyLouMar
    Options

Final Diagnosis:

1. Peritoneum, anterior abdominal wall, excision:

Benign mesothelial proliferation, see Comment. 2. Lymph node, left pelvic, sentinel lymph node biopsy:

Lymph node, negative for malignancy (0/1).

3. Lymph node, right pelvic, sentinel lymph node biopsy:

Lymph node, negative for malignancy (0/1). 4. Rectal serosa, biopsy:

Endometrial adenocarcinoma, see Comment. 5. Peritoneum, midline bladder, biopsy:

Benign fibrous tissue.

6. Uterus, cervix, bilateral fallopian tubes and ovaries; total hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy:

Endometrial adenocarcinoma, endometrioid type, FIGO Grade 2, see Cancer Summary.

No myometrial invasion is identified, see Comment.

Tumor involves right fallopian tube and uterine serosa.

Adenomyosis.

Leiomyomata, intramural.

Endometriosis, involving left fallopian tube.

Endocervical polyp.

Unremarkable bilateral ovaries.

7. Peritoneum, right lateral bladder, biopsy: Endometrial adenocarcinoma.

• TammyLouMar
    Options