Tirads 5 and pregnant

Options
Becosh84
Becosh84 Member Posts: 1 Member

I had an ultrasound in January and multiple nodules were found. I didn't see the report but was told to follow up with another ultrasound in 6 months. I found out I was pregnant in March and am due in December. Last week, I had my follow up ultrasound and the results showed one tirads 4 nodule and two tirads 5 nodules on my right side. It seems like they are mostly unchanged from my previous ultrasound. The report from the radiologist says to monitor and return for another ultrasound in 6 months. Am I crazy to insist on seeing an endocrinologist and being a little more proactive? I'm reading the odds of a tirads 5 nodule being malignant is really high. I'm honestly freaking out about possibly going through surgery with a newborn.

Comments

• maggiek22
    maggiek22 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I’m very sorry for what you’re going through. Most thyroid cancers (if it turns out that these are cancer) grow very slowly, so the timeline sounds reasonable. That’s hard to focus on when you’re also carrying a child. Whatever has to be done to help you, though, should be done only when it’s safe for both of you. I don’t see any harm in consulting an endocrinologist, though.