My 7th year scan - NED

Options
lobbyist0724
lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
edited January 10 in Kidney Cancer #1

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well! Have check the group for a little while.

I would like to share my NED result after my 7th-year scan (Ultrasound+Chest X-Ray). 

Somehow, my scanxiety is much lower this time and I found that CT causes a lot more anxiety to me.

I still haven't talked to my urologist, but I've read the reports online. 

Take care everyone and have good health!

Comments

• jazzgirl
    jazzgirl Member Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Hi lobbyist so happy to hear this - you are only a month or so behind me. I've found that also - that the scanxiety takes longer to jump on me these days. I hope that continues to be less and less. Such good news for you! Take care ~

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    Options

NED! Congrats! Keep it going!

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 784 Member
    Options

Congratulations! Always good to hear a Ned status.

• lobbyist0724
    Options

Thank you Jazzgirl, we are the class of 2016 and it is always good to see the names that we are familiar here, all the best :)

• jazzgirl
    jazzgirl Member Posts: 240 Member
    Options
  • Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

Looooooovely news! Hugs and congratulations!

May I ask what follow up doctors offer you now?

I hope to get my husband to do US scan in November.

It will be his 9th year since surgery, and docs are not monitoring him anymore. He does scans if I can persuade him :-)

Previous one was 2 years ago (year 7, like yours).

And he had x-ray this February, all clear, so I guess next x-ray can be in couple of years

Thanks and so happy for you!

• Mmoses25
    Mmoses25 Member Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Congratulations on being Ned I so happy for you

• lobbyist0724
    Options

Thank you!! And congratulations on your hubby's NED report too!

He is following up with me with Ultrasound + Xray every 6 months, and CT every 2 years for 10 years. But I am planning to continue with the follow-up after that myself maybe every 2 years. Your husband's tumor was small and grade 1. So I believe it is less concerning too. Take care!

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    Options

Congrats! I haven't been on for a while and coming up on 8 year scans!

• lobbyist0724
    Options

Thank you Daisybud! Sending Uncle NED to you!

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options

Always glad to hear about NED. Keep them coming. And nice to see messages from some of the "older" patrons of this website. Although I don't stop here regularly now, I've been around for over 12 years. At this time in my life, almost 81, my biggest concern is keeping the remaining kidney healthy.

Drink plenty of water 60-80 oz per day. It keeps what you eat diluted to go thru and helps reduce leg cramps. The sodium, calcium, potassium balance is important. Colas and carbonated beverages are only for a special treat, not a regular drink. Regular food intake (never use the word "diet")

Watch blood pressure and cholesterol. High BP and Cholesterol can irritate the lining of all blood vessels, and particularly in the Kidney.

I'm heading into my 18th year of survival, and other than arthritis in my broken ankle and worn cartilage in a knee, I'm healthy and moving forward.

Happy New Year to all,

donna_lee