9 Years NED Today

Options
beaumontdave
beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
edited November 2023 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Hi all, I've been away and/or occupied most of this summer, so I haven't been by to check on the blog, for what has been the longest period I can recall. Finding out we've lost Abita, and reading some of the new stuff, reacquainting myself with the ongoing heartache and need in this place, is still quite emotional, which good ol' September always has going with me, anyway. Our Aniversary on the first, Cindy's B-day and my original diagnosis, on the 25th, and today's date from my last liver resection in 2014. As I pause to recall all that we went through, I also figure the journey's telling might provide hope to those in similar straits as we were 9 years, and even 16 years back to the very start. Seems like a lot of new folks just getting started/diagnosed, in the threads though, so I'll leave it here, as a muted milestone, of what was endured, in a month that reminds me mostly, of what I lost, getting to this point. Good luck to all........................................Dave

Comments

• Lily Flower
    Lily Flower Member Posts: 260 Member
    Options

Congratulations Dave on your 9 year anniversary! You know if Kelly is still here, she would be the first to congratulate you on being NED. She was the most positive person and always happy to celebrate with anyone with good news.

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

Congratulations, dude, as bittersweet as the month may be.

• sgold88
    sgold88 Member Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Dave - great news to hear this. Your insight on this forum is always appreciated and informative and a source of strength to us all.

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 784 Member
    Options

Congratulations Dave! I love hearing this kind of news. You are very kind and an asset to this site.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

Congratulations, Dave! Being away from the forum, is just fine. We all need that break - plus the silly format does not help.

May you have many more nine years to come.

Tru

• Erica2016
    Erica2016 Member Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Congratulations Dave!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options

Congratulations, Dave. It's so good to see your post and congratulations on the 9 years - that is awesome. Wishing the best for you and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Kim