Recurrent Ovarian Cancer

Options
larcon3922
larcon3922 Member Posts: 29 Member
edited September 2023 in Ovarian Cancer #1

Hello, here are some studies I came across and experience with recurrence. I would like to share them with you:

1. Recurrence of Ovarian cancer— according to many studies has the highest recurrence rate and very aggressive.
  2. If you have a recurrence—stay with chemo if you had success with it.
  3. Daily maintenance— I was in PARF inhibitor after chemo and still had the recurrence. There is no guarantee there will be no recurrence even with PARF inhibitor. After my second round of chemo, my provider did not put me in any maintenance, no more CA 125 or blood draw. After so many blood draws my veins are so scarred up inside it’s like trying to draw blood from a rubber. 5 tries before they can get blood.
  4. Ask about close monitoring— I’m being closely monitored every quarter with PET scan and CT scan. Just got done with the 2nd one and the result was clear.
  5. Mistakes—My biggest mistake was not watching what I ate and did not exercise. I continued to eat red meat, sugar, and processed food and was too busy to exercise. After the second surgery, I changed my eating habits and started exercising, I never felt better. When I don’t eat right, I crave nutrition like salads and fruit smoothies. My blood pressure is controlled, cholesterol is good, and weight is controlled. Be careful of weight gain after chemo.
  6. Supplements— I order Ka’chava online (checkout the nutritional content) and mixed it with my blueberry smoothie every morning for nutrition and breakfast. Trying to boost my immunity and it works as evidenced by me blood work (see attachment).

Comments

• larcon3922
    Options

Forgot the attachment.

• larcon3922
    Options

My latest blood work, much improved after diet, exercise, and supplements without PARF inhibitor. My other supplements are: zinc, magnesium, vitamin C, and Focus Factor.

I hope this helps.

God bless and stay well.

Connie L. Crowe

• Yosefa
    Yosefa Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

That's awesome Connie!

Good on you - it definitely shows that healthy diet and exercise with supplements makes a difference. There are a lot of toxins around us daily that we need to reduce. Are you also filtering your water and drinking alkaline water? I have started that.

I started eating unprocessed foods September 1st, and started playing pickleball last week. It's 😊 fun exercise! I also go for walks with my dogs fairly regularly.

Thanks for all the great information!

Best wishes and love,

Ingrid

• larcon3922
    Options

Hi Ingrid, good for you😊, enjoy life , live large!!! However, be careful though of processed food, they have a lot of nitrates and preservatives. That was what I ate before I got diagnosed of the cancer. Maybe , once in 6 months I might indulge and have a sub with cold cuts or pizza. Take good care. Connie L. Crowe