1st Mammogram after treatment

Options
CarrieF4
CarrieF4 Member Posts: 18 Member
edited September 2023 in Breast Cancer #1

Can anyone tell me your experience with your first mammogram after treatment? My breast is still so sore I guess from the radiation plus surgery etc. I can’t imagine how they are going to be able to do this. I have my first mammogram in 11 days and worried it is going to hurt too much to get a good image. Finished radiation 5 months ago. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Also should I still be this sore?

Comments

• olivesew
    olivesew Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Hi Carrie4F,

I am on a similar timeline as you, finished radiation 6 months ago, having the first mammogram in 2 days. I will tell you how it goes. I do not have a lot of pain as such, just twinge here and there , mostly aches under the armpit.

After going through the radiation, and having them not tell me ahead when there would be changes, I now will ask a lot of questions when I go to any medical procedure. Tell the mammogram technician about any pain, and have them tell you every step of the way what they are doing to you, and tell them as well, how you are feeling every step of the way.

Have a good weekend. olivesew

• olivesew
    Options

Hi CarrieF4,

Hi, I had my 1st mammogram since surgery today, and it was not painful for me. If you are having a lot of pain, I would check with the doctor to see if you could delay the mammogram, and ask them why you are having so much pain. Olivesew

• CarrieF4
    Options

Thanks for replying. I go tomorrow so we will see. 🤞🏻

• olivesew
    Options

Hi Carrie,

Were they able to do your mammogram? Hope it wasn't too painful. olivesew

• CarrieF4
    Options

I did and it didn’t hurt anymore than usual. I did take Advil before I went just in case lol. 😊

• olivesew
    Options

I am glad your mammogram went well. I am sure that any pain you have will ease up soon.