I’m New Here And In Search Of Help

Options
lfrieze84
lfrieze84 Member Posts: 2 *
edited September 2023 in Esophageal Cancer #1

Hello,

I am a almost 39 year old male who was diagnosed with Barrett’s Esophagus in on St. Patrick’s Day 2011 when I was 27 years old. When I was diagnosed I immediately tried to get ablation surgery but because my spots were some of the smallest another doctor had ever seen it was denied and I instead recommended to do the surveillance program.

The problem is because I am autistic I never did a follow up endoscopy due to anxiety and now I’m having trouble swallowing. I currently have an endoscopy scheduled for a week from today and I’m terrified. Currently it feels like I have something growing on the left side of my throat and occasionally there’s pain but I am still able to swallow anything I want. There’s been no hoarseness or coughing but I have had excessive saliva and mucus off and on.

it feels like the growth or whatever it is in my throat is restricted to where the Barrett’s was diagnosed. I have had minor chest pain and shoulder pain but nothing excruciating or bothersome. I came here to talk to real people instead of scaring myself by reading Google results.

Comments