Parotid Cancer survivor - regaining nerve function?

Options
Dr_ROZ
Dr_ROZ Member Posts: 5 Member

What experience have others had when it seems like the facial and neck nerves are beginning to function again after 47 years? Read my bio for the background.

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

I don't have the exact same situation as far as my nerves changing due to different cancer treatments.

But my comment would be that I would think you would be overjoyed that your facial and neck nerves are beginning to function again after such a long time of not doing so.

Take Care, May God Bless & Watch Over You

Russ

• Dr_ROZ
    Dr_ROZ Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Russ, thanks for the comment. I guess I should be overjoyed, but it is just different after all these years.

What I am experiencing is a periodic contraction/puckering of my left cheek muscles along with a tingling in the same area. It is like what you feel after coming home from the Dentist's office and the novocaine begins to wear off. Additionally, my sternocleidomastoid muscle (SCM) has begun to periodically spasm, sometimes up to two dozen times a day. All these things have started to occur in just the last few months with no change in my daily activities.

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

Well, Roz if you feel you are getting improvements celebrate them.

If they feel like negatives or setbacks then it's something else to deal with.

I commend you for dealing with all this for 47 years.

You must have been treated for cancer at a fairly young age, back when the improvements we have nowadays in cancer treatment were not available, or at least not to such an extent or as refined.

Carry on I say and you have.

A young lady on here used to say  "No matter how you feel, Get Up, Dress Up, Show Up, and Never Give Up."

(Crystal)

Wishing You The Best

Take Care, May God Bless & Watch Over You

Russ