NSCLC LUNG SQUAMOUS CELL SURVIVORS NEEDED

Options
claudiaferr
claudiaferr Member Posts: 4 Member

Hello,

I am writing this post to receive some guidance after my mothers recent diagnosis back in April of this year. When she was first examined, scans showed localized but large (about 9cm) mass on her right lower bronchio (squamous cell carcinoma). Started treatment with chemotherapy (Carbo & Taxol) however, received multiple hypersensitivity reactions to taxol and changed to paclitaxel. Then started radiation which shrunk the tumor about 2 cm. However, in the most recent pet scan it has shown lesions in the liver, and a mass on the skull which she underwent a craniotomy and was thankfully able to remove the entire tumor. Since the diseases progression, our oncologist wants to know do 21 day cycles of taxotere with ramucirumab (cyramza). We are looking to get a second opinion on the second treatment as the first treatment with carbo, paclitaxel and opdivo as the line for immunotherapy. I wanted to know if anyone has had a similar case , and can send me their feedback and what worked for them. Thank you so much.

Comments

• claudiaferr
    claudiaferr Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Correction* We are looking to get a second opinion on the second treatment as the first treatment with carbo, paclitaxel and opdivo as the line for immunotherapy as this combination did NOT work.