Topics for Next YouTube Episode

Options
Candlewood
Candlewood Member Posts: 27 Member
edited August 2023 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Hi everyone, I will be working on episode 8 of my UPSC YouTube channel and wanted to get your input as to what you would be interested in hearing about. I was considering 1)What causes cancer to recur 2)Medical marijuana 3)Keytruda....I asked this question in the Facebook group and got a few ideas and am leaning toward choosing "Recurrences" but would be interested in hearing from you all before moving forward. I am not limited to these 3 topics...just want to know which one you are most interested in, and please add your own topic/questions as well. Thank you in advance! Candlewood :)

Comments

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    Options

Hi Candlewood,

I think a recurrence topic would be very interesting, not just what causes cancer to recur but what those of us who have gone through testing, surgery, chemo, radiation and immunotherapy (or any combination there of) look for as the months go by after we are first declared NED by our doctors. I did a thread a few years back about Recurrence Stories as I wanted to know what others were looking for or if they recurred, what were the signs, how was it confirmed, etc. The emotional aspect of recurrence or fear of recurrence is not well addressed, either.

Good luck,

Denise

• Candlewood
    Options

Would you be able to guide me to your thread on recurrences, I would love to read it over. Thanks for your input, I will definitely think about including your ideas Denise!!

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    edited August 2023 #4
    Options

Hello Candlewood,

Everyone, please read this before you click on the link:

Here is the link. I reread a bit of the 1st page and realized that I was only 3 months post last chemo and radiation, February 2019, probably just home from my 1st 3 month checkup and still pretty stressed. I usually do not like to repost old threads because so many of our friends who commented are no longer with us or have left the board and treatments and protocols have changed. I can only speak for myself and I know it is a reality of being here for 5 years, but it still upsets me. Also there are many of us commenting on this thread that were treated pre-2018 and treatments have really advanced or have been changed so the info might be obsolete today.

Denise

• Candlewood
    Options
  • thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 383 Member
    Options

Very good suggestion, BluebirdOne!

I found that thread recently when I was concerned about a recurrence. I clicked on your profile to reread it, and then looked through all the old threads you have created. It was very informative!

😎, A

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options

I would like the recurrence theme. Even after all these years, the fear is always there

• Candlewood
    Options

I decided to do the recurrence theme and am halfway through making the video, it should be out later today or tomorrow! Thanks for your input!