With or without treatment

Options
vickistanaland
vickistanaland Member Posts: 1 *
edited August 2023 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

My husband has Stage 4a Squamous cell carcinoma in the left lymph node and base of the tongue with no distant metastatic disease. We are meeting with the surgeon next week. My husband is not known for going to the doctor and I wonder what course this will take if he refuses surgery and treatment and what to expect with surgery and treatment. Does anyone have experience with a similar situation?

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Hello Miss Vicki, I am not sure if anyone here can really add anything to you question as this is the Uterine/Endometrial board and I looked under the Discussion Boards posted at top (If you hover your cursor over those words it will show you all the different cancer boards) and think maybe (?) Head and Neck might have members to best help on what to expect.

I know you said he is not known for going, but I am glad to hear the both of you are meeting with the surgeon next week. I would suggest going with questions on surgery, treatment, etc. I am sure it is going to be scary and overwhelming, and that might be too much for your husband, but ask if you can tape record the session since you will want to have something to reference back to.

Again, I would suggest the Head and Neck board? I just don't know how busy it is. Regardless, prayers for you and your husband.