Endometroid cancer metastatis in para aortic lymph node

Options

Hi,

My mother had endometroid and serous carcinoma about 6 years back. During hysterectomy pelvis lymph node dissection was done and cancer was found in one of the node. Followed with Chemo (3 week cycle) and Radiation (weekly for 26 weeks).

No issues for till 2-3 months back when she started getting slight back pain. When it became too much, met the doctor, did the sonography and PET scan. The para aortic lymph nodes have grown, the largest to about 50mm and pressing on the ureter and the renal view. This was causing mild swelling of the kidney and hence the back pain.

Got stents in the ureter so we can start the treatment. Doctor will start weekly chemo (small dose weekly given her age of 75 years).

My question is, does any have any experience or recommendation on whether the lymph nodes will shrink with chemo or should I discuss radiation with the doctors to shrink the lymph nodes. We can have the stent in the ureter only for 2-3 months.

Also, anyone have any experience with IMRT vs SBRT for para aortic lymph nodes shrinkage. I am leaning towards SBRT since we dont have a lot of time to do several weeks of radiation and also it might not be possible to do too many sessions along with chemo in parallel.

Any suggestions welcome!! Thanks in advance ..

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

BNT, someone on the Uterine board just pointed out some people have been posted about Endometrioid cancer. I would invite you to come visit us on the Uterine board and copy and paste your question there. We tend to check on the other gyn cancers, but I think you might find a little more support for you there.