TORS and Neck Dissection without any Radiation and/or Chemo

Options
2»

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,294 Member
    Options

Hello Daredevil, and welcome to the CSN H&N forum.

It seems your doctor is being aggressive enough but is also trying to spare you as little after-effects as possible and keeping radiation as a backup plan in case. I would imagine the surgeries were involving a bit of a recovery period or maybe not so much, but any surgery in H&N is not easy. I am praying your pathology report comes back NED (No Evidence Of Disease) or as they sometimes say"Unremarkable".

Wishing You the Best

Take care, God Bless

Russ

• daredevil450
    daredevil450 Member Posts: 2 *
    Options

Thanks Russ i appreciate it. I just read your profile and what a journey you've been on wow. I'm glad you are doing much better and stay strong. Was your cancer caused by the virus or is it unknown?

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited August 2023 #24
    Options

I can't say I was officially diagnosed with a cause but my obvious guess is that I was a regular cigar smoker for many years so most likely that has to be it. Back in the era I grew up smoking was very common and literally almost everybody smoked.

I must say I was pretty beat up but came through the first cancer (throat cancer) pretty well. Next was a spot on my tongue which was taken out with clear margins, not fun but a good recovery. The third cancer of lymph node not encapsulated on top of the others was what topped everything off. That was especially hard on me because of the complications and extended time in the hospital and rehab. If I only would have had the one cancer I would be in better shape with less issues but here I am still going and forward we go.

There was a little lady on here that passed recently and I had put the obit up here for her. She had H&N cancer come back on her 6 times but somehow she kept an upbeat spirit. Her strength and stamina were unmatched and I always said she handled things that would bring a strong man to his knees and stood strong as a great example to the rest of the group. I tell you all that to tell you this. She had a saying and it is very positive and can help you when you are down.It was---

Crystal (LitlcjDoll) on CSN

"No matter how you feel, Get Up, Dress Up, Show Up, And Never Give Up."

Crystal Smith

October 21, 1964 — September 12, 2022

But I know by The Grace of God and the intercession of the Holy Spirit I am here today. I praise God for this and I am very thankful. "To God Be The Glory" I can say that I don't feel deserving of the blessings I have received and I don't set myself apart but for whatever reason God has Blessed me greatly and he has his reasons.

Wishing You the Best

Take care, God Bless-Russ