Your never gonna believe this!! NEED HELP!!

Options
BRAVESFAN
BRAVESFAN Member Posts: 14 Member

Soooo...may 31st..found colon cancer

July 11th sigmoid colon resection surgeries..remove 2.5 feet of colon but pretty sure he got it all.. all 13 lymph nodes 0 signs..

2 weeks later..healing good waiting on cancer Dr appointment Aug 10th. I get horror pain left side..after 2 days can't take it..called surgeon met at er.. yup.. rare but leave it to me I have an internal hernia! Going into major surgery 20 days from 1st one..hospital 4 days again!!soo.. after going in to fix hernia they see 2 spots on liver that were never noticed before..yup..u guessed it..cancer!!

Has anyone been through another remotely close to this? Have appointment with oncologist Thursday but don't know if now I need 3rd surgery..liver resection? Or am I dying?? Sorry just been through so much after losing my husband recently..my sons are gonna flip!

COMMENT

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness, what an ordeal. I am sorry you had to go through that, but, they found the Cancer on your liver, better now than later.

Are you dying? Well yes, but when is the question. Let us hope that it is many, many years time, after beating the beast and enjoying more of your life, especially your children.

Don't apologise for your feelings, we've all been there and know what it is like.

Be sure to have a good old list of questions for your Oncologist, and make sure they answer them all. While you will always battle with the 'what if's' try your best to move forward with as positive a mental attitude as you can.

Remember, we are all here to help you through.

Tru

• reneelynn1214
    reneelynn1214 Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I’m so sorry, that is a very big surprise indeed. Did they not do any chemo after surgery for your colon cancer? I would ask why that was not done to kill anything they can’t see. you will likely need another surgery but I would also ask if they want to follow it with any other treatments. Wishing you a full recovery with no surprises at the end of this ❤️

• BRAVESFAN
    Options

No chemo.. said they got it all..they worked on my left side...but to their defense they never seen the side of my liver until i had internal hernia pain. That 2nd surgery they went in on my right side and that's when he seen it .

My colon cancer was stage 2 does that mean my mestatic liver is a 2 also..sorry so new to all this

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

If your Cancer has spread - metastasised, then it is normally upgraded to Stage IV.

If the liver biopsy comes back as liver Cancer then it is called a secondary Cancer, and you stay Stage II CRC and whatever stage they find the liver Cancer to be.

Must say, the chances are it is metastatic Colorectal Cancer, but that is just my unprofessional thoughts. I

I was stage III B, then it spread to the liver, and became Stage IV. that was 10 years ago, and I have been doing well, ever since surgery dealt with the liver met.

Tru

• BRAVESFAN
    Options

Don't think I'm getting another surgery.. thinking chemo

• reneelynn1214
    reneelynn1214 Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Tru is right, usually CRC has liver and lungs as most common place to spread to. From what I’ve been told liver isn’t as bad as the surgery they can do it pretty clear cut. Not like colon where you have to resect and such. I’d opt for surgery but ask if they want chemo before or after. They may want both. I hope they get it all and you have no more! It’s a persistent bugger isn’t it :/