Endometrial biopsy

Options
geelot01
geelot01 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited September 2023 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Hello.

I am new here. I am scheduled for endometrial biopsy tomorrow that I have put off for far too long. My mom passed from uterine cancer. I had some bleeding but I was barely perimenopausal. Ultrasound showed the lining was enlarged. My question is, I asked for a paracervical block. I am wondering if anyone had a block used for their biopsy. Not sure if the block will be more painful than the actual biopsy. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Hello geelot01, first, good that you are getting it checked out - regardless of time.

I can't answer your question. My gyn said it was too hard to try and do the biopsy (I never had children so that didn't help) and gave up. She didn't even charge me. LOL. So I did move over to get a D&C.

I am hoping one of the other warriors can chime in for you. Regardless, please make sure to come back and let us know how it goes.

• geelot01
    geelot01 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options

I am a midwife, as well as an RN. I remember some women had paracervical blocks for delivery. I don't remember them complaining of pain at the time of the injections.

Good luck on your biopsy!

• Icantbelieveit
    Icantbelieveit Member Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I also went straight to D&C from the ultrasound because my endometrium was 19 mm so I have no experience with a biopsy.

• 1cbras
    1cbras Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

New here and nervous. I started taking semaglutide about 4 weeks ago, started spotting, and it hasn't stopped. I'm still on birth control so my gyn said it reduces my risk of uterine cancer. (My grandmother passed away from uterine cancer). Since this was the 2nd time I was spotting (I had 1 day in July), my doctor ordered an ultrasound. It shows my uterine lining is 1.1cm/11mm. I'm in a bit of a fog. So, I'm looking for encouragement and support. I'm hoping if its worst case scenario we've caught it early.

• Prayer2023
    Prayer2023 Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Try not to worry until you see what this is! It could be noncancerous polyps. I hope you have a D&C scheduled soon. Please keep us updated and think positive! This past August I had a total hysterectomy after being diagnosed with Stage 1A, Grade 3 Adenocarcinoma. I just had my post-surgery appointment with my oncologist and after discussion on a treatment plan and possible brachytherapy, we decided to just wait, observe, and get a checkup every three months. I thank God everyday that my diagnosis was not as bad as it could have been. Hang in there!