Starting the journey

Options
Flanancy
Flanancy Member Posts: 1 *
edited February 8 in Thyroid Cancer #1

Ultrasound revealed two large modules with a rating score of 7. My doctor is on vacation. Had to fight to get ultrasound and also the biopsies next week from his covering PA. So I don t know yet what type of thyroid cancer I have. My question is how to find the best treatment facility. Looking at Moffit and Mayo. Thank you. Have no personal support.

Comments

• BPudding
    BPudding Member Posts: 2 *
    Options

I have been fighting for additional testing for my TI RAD 5, score of 7 nodule. I was told to wait a year and see how it plays out. I have other symptoms which is why I saw my doctor in the first place. It's very nerve racking and ridiculous that we have to practically beg for answers. I had blood tests done a few days ago. A few frightening results and no explanation from my doctor. Just a prescription. I understand your frustration and hope your healthcare team listens to you and does the right thing.

• JaneWonderWoman
    JaneWonderWoman Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Look for your regional Cancer Center. the American Cancer Society has a 24/7 phone number where you can ask questions like that. It is 1-800-227-2345. What kind of insurance you have will make a difference in what is available to you. If you have a PPO you have more choices than if you have an HMO. Cancer is very expensive. Treatment is big business and costs a lot. My prayers will be with you.