It’s been 7 days since biopsy and still waiting for results is this a bad sign ?

Options
martu
martu Member Posts: 6 Member
edited July 2023 in Breast Cancer #1

Hello,

I had a biopsy last Thursday July 20- and I am still waiting for the results. Is this a bad sign ? I read that if they find a malignancy they need to run more tests and that’s why it may take more time . Has anyone experienced a long wait but got a positive result ? I appreciate your help ! Thanks so much

Comments

• BeeRob
    BeeRob Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

My personal experience has been that I've gotten poor test results or cancer results quicker rather than later. If I've waited on a result it's turned out to be fine. When they first biopsied my breast cancer I had the results the next day saying it was cancer. When I waited 5 days after MRI guided biopsies (to check additional spots), they were benign. I just had a lumpectomy and was told it would be 7-10 days to get results on the lymph node biopsies and we had results in 2 days saying there was cancer in the lymph node. :(

So....your wait could mean something and it could not. It's so hard not to worry, though, while you're waiting. The waiting is truly the hardest part..."do I start freaking out now? or will I be fine?"

• martu
    martu Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Hello BeebRob,

thank you for replying ! I appreciate it. Sorry about your diagnosis. I hope you are doing well. They called me yesterday with the results and it is B9. This was a hard call. This forum is wonderful and you all are very special and supportive. Thanks again !