Radiation/uterine

Options
loulou12
loulou12 Member Posts: 17 Member

I was diagnosed in May 2023 with Adenocarcinoma Endometroid . Lining of my endometrium very thick more than likely due to 1 mg of estrogen for many many years without progestogen. I am 75 yrs. old and have never had surgery anesthesia. I was beyond depressed and terrified. Long story short referred to Oncologist GYN who was God Sent!!!! I had robotic surgery, total Hysterotomy. Pathology came back Grade 1 , Stage 1A Figo. Everything seemed great, lymph nodes, etc., etc. BUT..... Found a small amount Lymphovasular invasion (not lymph nodes). In veins near site of original cancer cells. Margins benign. I met with the Oncologist/Radiologist and I am scheduled for 3 sessions (Mon, Wed, Fri) of Brachytherapy High Dose to prevent Vaginal Vault from getting cancer. I am not afraid of getting this. I have gone through soooo much already I want to be totally cancer free!!!! I was told I WILL NOT LOOSE HAIR ON MY HEAD.? Radiation may make you loose hair only where radiation goes. Is this true? This had been quite a roller coaster ride for me. First pipeline biopsy in May was inconclusive although I had severe vag. bleeding. Did another biopsy with my regular GYN in june and that is when it came back with the dreaded news. I was not surprised. I feel that if I was on Progesterone along with estrogen all these years my lining of my uterus would have not grown soooo thick and abnormal. But, water under the bridge. My surgeon now will be my new Dr. Young and amazing. I feel blessed what an amazing surgery he performed and count my blessings.

Comments

• loulou12
    Options

My sweet grandaughter . She worries about me. My son-in-law passed away when she was 5 yrs. old. My daughter and Braylin live with my husband and I. I need to be here as long as possible. Cancer Sucks and for all who are suffering my heart goes out to you, each of you.We can do this because we need to whatever it takes.

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Welcome Loulou. It sounds like. your doctors are being cautious and that is great. I have a friend who had the same grade and stage, and she had brachytherapy 5 years ago. She did not lose her hair and she has not had a recurrence. Your granddaughter is precious.

• loulou12
    Options

Thank you so much for your reply and kindness. Do you know if your GF had high dose and how many sessions of Barachytherapy? I just feel like everytime I think everything is okay there is more to anticipate. I know it could be much worse. I had to cancel my yearly trip to Montana with my husband. He is leaving Aug 5 to see family and I want him to go and enjoy himself. I will actually be starting my Bach radiation Aug 7th for 3 days that week. BUT we have our yearly Vegas Aug. 30...I am praying I will be okay from the treatments enough time to feel okay. The unknow once again. Thank you for your encouragement, so appreciated!!!!

• Prayer2023
    Prayer2023 Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Good luck on your treatment Lou Lou! Can anyone tell us exactly how it felt (with details) to get the Barachytherapy treatments?

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Did you search the Uterine page? There is lots of discussion about brachytherapy. And I hope someone who had brachytherapy comments. It has the least side effects of the other treatments.

Loulou I do not know how much radiation my friend had. It is a very difficult time you are in right now. Your worries are understandable. I had very early stage but aggressive type. I worried for 5 years. I am just 5 years out now, and am not so worried.