Cramping from head to toe

Options
Darkdancer333
Darkdancer333 Member Posts: 115 Member
edited July 2023 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

I had BOT 4 years ago and side affects still persist. What I notice lately is my whole body getting cramps..arms, legs, feet, chest and head. My oncologist didn't seem to worried. My Primary care doctor had me try magnesium, electrolyte drinks, potassium, eat 5 bananas a week. etc. When I get the most cramping is in bed when I stretch.. Just wondering what can be taking to alleviate the cramping

Comments

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options

The only long-term side effect worth mentioning is tightening and cramping in the side of my neck where the rads did their work. Fibrosis is what I accept it to be and daily neck stretches and neck massage do the trick. No meds.

Have you tried something like yoga or other programs that involve body-loosening exercises?

Ibprophein and acetaminophen 3 pills each - we call it the combo and it really does relieve pains and aches.

• Darkdancer333
    Options

I can give that a try and see if it helps cramping

• Darkdancer333
    Options

curious how does pain reliever help with cramping or tightening of muscles, two are very painful one thats on back of head and another feels like a knife thru the chest feel front and back. Legs, calves, arms, feet are all tolerable just uncomfortable

• DrMary
    DrMary Member Posts: 531 Member
    Options

I'm a caregiver, so my cramps don't have to do with cancer, but a good friend recommended tonic water, and it does seem to work fast when I get a cramp (I get them in bed when I stretch). My go-to is "light salt" (pure potassium chloride) and some tonic water. I even lick the salt and then down the tonic water as if it were tequila, just to amuse myself. That, plus walking around for about 10 minutes, tends to do the trick.

• Darkdancer333
    Options

tonic water how interesting ill give this a try... When i get the big one back of calf a both does the trick for me.. My feet actually get the most at night. Other night 4 times cramped up....

• godzilla1964
    godzilla1964 Member Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Did your primary phy do any blood work on you?

• Darkdancer333
    Options

Blood work twice year last Feb nothing abnormal