Eccrine Carcinoma

Options
leigh23
leigh23 Member Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2023 in Skin Cancer #1

Just diagnosed two days ago with (cutaneous eccrine carcinoma). Not a ton of information online about this outside of stuff that scares the hell out of you. Most of the feeds are pretty old which leaves me wondering if folks got better and went on with their lives or .....not so much? I'm really anxious and scared still young and this is a total shock. Started as a small bump on my foot, then quickly formed what looked like a keloid then stopped. Since we were treating our dog for fleas and I had multiple flea bites at that time (and this looked the same) because I went to be one night with my foot fine and woke up the next day with a red dot that slightly itched just like all the other bites. When it healed funny I though it was a scar. Has been there around 8 months or so, I think. Anyone have any positive stories to share or any advice on what to do? Im super scared and hoping it hasn't spread. Looking forward to interacting with people here.

Comments

• leigh23
    leigh23 Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Original poster here, just wanted to give an update to anyone out there who's reading this. So my excision/biopsy pathology report stated (cutaneous eccrine carcinoma) so basically a cancer of a sweat gland. The report also stated "it appears the entire lesion was removed with the excision". Despite the appearance of the whole lesion being removed during the initial biopsy of the excision surgery the dermatologist still performed Moh's surgery on margins around the excision site on a different date. My Moh's wasn't regular Moh's, it's what they call Slow Mohs because it needed special dyes since this type of cancer is so rare and my dermo didn't have the dyes in their lab, so I had to wait 24 hours for results. The good news was the slow Mohs showed no cancer in any of the margins taken so it all was contained in the initial extraction of the lesion. Also good news was the type I had tends to stay local and doesn't spread very easily. I'm working on healing up and will gladly take the scar over the alternative. I have a full body scan with my demo in December and will probably have at least one or two full body exams every year until I'm no longer on this planet. Hearing the C word is terrifying and changes everything immediately. It's hard not to worry and fret and even though that lesion is gone... I'm now fretting over every little spot, freckle, mole, skin tag, discoloration you name it, I want it off. Just wanted to share my update with folks who read my initial post. I hope everyone is doing well and continues to stay strong for themselves and supportive of others who may be facing the same thing. Its good that there is such a supportive community out there for people facing uncertainty and the fear of the unknown and what lies ahead. Sending love to all who read these words and I hope it encourages someone who needs it.