New to this

Options
chrbet1
chrbet1 Member Posts: 3 Member

I had A friend come up my driveway and ask me 4 help. He said his brother kicked him out of the house he gave him just before winter hit. He has been living in a tent since and that he has stage 4 non small cell lung cancer. He now lives with me and I am now his caretaker and want to do the best I can. So I need advice and help. I have had and still do have serious lung problems, terminal problems but not cancer, I'm ok with my problems. I need to find some kind of support group 4 him and knowledge 4 me so I can explain things to him. He is not really an educated man so he doesn't know how 2 research. His second chemo is tomorrow and the first time talking with his Dr. I have so many questions and so much research to do. I live in the northwest corner of TN and need to find help for him and me. This site is supposed to have help also but on weekdays only. I look forward to hearing from u folks so please feel free. I'm nothing but a sponge at this point.

Comments

• chrbet1
    Options

It's the first time I get to talk with his Dr. Sorry came out wrong in my post.

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    Options

The LiveLung.org, Lungevity.org, go2.org, and LCRF.org have on line support groups. Both Lungevity and Go2 foundation have peer support phone Buddy programs, he can be matched with someone of similar age, gender and disease type/treatment.

If you search the cancer.org site, look for questions to ask my doctor about lung cancer.

• chrbet1
    Options

Thank you.