Stage 4 Adenocarcinoma, colon origin

Options
Flereous
Flereous Member Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2023 in Colorectal Cancer #1

I’m a 32 female with stage 4 metastatic adenocarcinoma with a partially obstructed bowel, long nodules, masses on my ovaries and lesion on my liver. Is there any hope for me?

I keep hearing the five year statistics and that I’ll never be cancer free. I don’t want to suffer and wonder if the fight will be worth it.

Comments

• Flereous
    Options

Lung nodules**

• Wadsdan777
    Wadsdan777 Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Hi Flerous - im sorry about your diagnosis, you are so young too. I was diagnosed stage 4 in 2019 at the age of 40 with liver and lung nodules.

Totally understand your thoughts and feelings, but I can say yes it is worth the fight. Im nearly 4 years in, still have cancer, but have had a number of succesfull surgeries and treatments, etc.

Statistics also, are just that statistics and not specific to your situation at all.

Do you have your care team setup? Sometimes once a plan is in place things , at least for me seemed to ease a little.

Do they plan on removing your primary as its partially obstructed?

There are lots of good people here that Im sure will chime in also.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

Hello there, and welcome to the forum. Not the best place to need, but now you're here, you will find it a great place, though running a little slow.

And I will second Wadsdan, yes it is worth it.

There are many Stage IV here on the forum, some of us are NED - no evidence of disease. Some are on Chemo for life, but they are alive and while it is a long road, you will find many who are happy enough.

We certainly understand all of your questions, as we have all faced them ourselves. All of the fears and the unknown. All part of the process of being a Cancer patient.

I won't **** foot around the fact that you have quite the road in front of you, but once you get started on a plan, you will find a strength that you will need, and while it will not be easy, you will make your way through.

I am so sorry you are facing this awful challenge at such a young age.

Keep us updated and let us help you through on this journey.

Tru

• hopefuldreams
    hopefuldreams Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Hey,

I want to echo the other posters here that it has been worth it I was in the almost same position you were in just 10 months ago about to turn 29. Stage 4 with lung nodules and from the words of the first CT scan "innumerable lesions throughout my liver".

I started chemo and have been on it for the entire 10 months and had a round of radiation. I won't lie either it is a difficult road especially at such a young age. Keep hope though, from my last scan the lung nodules have disappeared my liver has cleared except for 1 lesion that I am looking to have surgery to remove. Also, the last 10 months have been hard, but I would do them again. Cancer becomes a big part of your life, but there is joy and happiness even as you go through treatment.

Physically things are difficult and as time goes on I have found mentally and emotionally it gets tough so please try to be easy on yourself/give yourself some grace and do what you can to get support in those areas.

I'm starting to ramble, but my main point is I know it can feel hopeless especially at diagnosis, but at the moment physically I feel so much better than I did with such a heavy disease burden I had at diagnosis, so I hope once you begin treatment things respond well and you start feeling better. I'm sending you 1000 well wishes and strength as we continue to go through this together.

• Flereous
    Options

Thank you so much, your reply and others had me tearing up. I feel much less alone, and more hopeful. I’m admitted in the hospital currently to drain the ascites in my abdomen making me look 7 months pregnant. Also, port placement.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

You are on the road to recovery. A long road. And you already know it is a hard road. But you are young and strong, and with your family, loved ones and friends around you, and with all of us here on the forum, we will be strong when it gets to be a struggle.

I did not use an obscene word in my above post, but alas, it seems like it wasn't acceptable to the computer. HA!

Tru