Just got home

Options
BRAVESFAN
BRAVESFAN Member Posts: 14 Member

Had my colon resection surgery Tuesday

Just got home an hour ago it'd Friday. Now have to wait for pathology report. My question is.

I look 9 months pregnant! BLOOOOOATED!! How can I pass gas? Will it just happen or can.i help it along?

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

I am happy to hear that the surgery is over and done with.

The body reacts in different ways to surgery, plus I they might have actually filled the abdomen with gas, to move some of the organs aside, causing the bloating.

The only thing I can suggest is as much walking as your body can tolerate. Obviously, this close to surgery, you do not need to overdo it.

If it continues, as quick call to your Oncologist nurse, would be great. They are a super resource, without having to go in to get it checked. Plus, I am sure you have a follow-up appointment real soon. Be sure and mention it to your surgeon.

So, that is my two pennies worth of advice. Walk rest - walk - rest, walk - rest.

Tru

• kaliakobo
    kaliakobo Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

What was the outcome of thia

• garciagal
    garciagal Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Have a question I new to this site I just posted stuff about my experience I had my surgery week before yours thought it was on a discussion board do you know where to go to see what u posted. And how long was ur hospital stay i went in 6am Tuesday. morning they released me Thursday around 3 pm. Yeah this was a rough one for me and still having issues trying to just thru dr never returned my calls from yesterday finally had to call him with my concerns, technically I haven't had a BM on my own since my surgery the one I did have on Sunday was with taking some ducolax which they don't want that, and I understand and now looking at another 6 days and counting no BM, my lower back and my calves starting really hurting me on Wednesday so sick on Thursday so finally calked his offices 3 times yesterday and left BMs cuz no one would answer or return my calls I know if I get any worser I will be going to the E. R. But that last resort. I'll be on that phone Monday til they answer all day if need be?? Are you experiencing any of these, and my incisions at times are burning, warm numb feeling but that's tolerable I'm just afraid I might have done something to them, dk how all I've done is some light housework laundry , few dishes. I'm 54. Let me know how your doing in yours ok. They did laposcoptic robot assisted they remove a medium size mass from my colon and surrounding lymph nodes and connected my intestines and rectum back I came home with stitches inside and 5 incisions in my belly , pubic hairline areas with stitches on outside

• garciagal
    garciagal Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

And 1 more thing I still feel bloated, uncomfortable in my lower belly area not wearing any tight clothes for sure. 9 months prego WOW kinda surprised they did they surgery and didn't weight til after delivery. Hopefully this will go away, I feel for you with the pregnancy and this. I've got to be miserable.