New Thyroid Cancer Patient

Options

Good evening,

I am feeling tired, anxious, and not quite like myself after my recent thyroidectomy. I had papillary thyroid cancer. The cancerous portion of the tumor was 3.3cm. I am two weeks out from a total thyroid ectomy and feel out of sorts.

I feel sad, anxious, tired, shaky, achy, and just not quite like myself. I have three teenagers and am a school principal. I just don't know if I have it in me to return to my principal job in the fall while feeling like I am feeling now. I just feel so uncertain about the stress, demand on me, and ability to balance things.

Comments

• vhelmstetter
    vhelmstetter Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

My story is the same. I am two weeks past surgery. Every day I feel more tired. I am also an assistant principal. I was a principal for twenty two years and just last school year decided I needed to step back a bit. I am going to be 60 in November. The demands, stress, and responsibilities are so overwhelming sometimes I worry whether I will have the stamina to go back to work in two weeks. I don’t see my endocrinologist for six weeks. I have a million questions. They will do RAI shortly after I see the doctor. I’m not sure what your work situation is like. Do you have an assistant principal? Can you take leave? Do you have to do RAI treatment? These are all things to consider.