New to the Group

Options
Lisa7673
Lisa7673 Member Posts: 13 Member

I have breast cancer this is my second treatment of chemo I just started losing my hair so I shaved it all off last night and to be honest I am ok with it, the Doctors told me the cancer I have is very treatable after chemo I will have surgery to remove the tumor or the Radiation I forgot witch is first then hormonal therapy so far I have been very strong threw it all just trying to get others story that has been threw this already, just no God has all of us covered 🙏🏾

Comments

• Michelle40
    Michelle40 Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

My treatment was that way, very treatable. DD chemo, surgery w/reconstruction (I had a double mastectomy with lymph nodes removed on the left side), radiation and now hormone therapy. I started losing my hair after the third treatment and shaved my head then. I cried, but I had very long hair. Sad to see it just keep coming out in handfuls. That was my only sad part. I have a little neuropathy in my feet, but it is no longer in my hands. I even had multiple PEs and DVT from the chemo, so many they could not count! I have had two more reconstructive surgeries since and will be going to physical therapy to try to break up scar tissue. I have now no evidence of disease!

• BeeRob
    BeeRob Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Congrats Michelle40!!

I'm just starting this breast cancer journey. I had a lumpectomy July 26th and have surgical follow-up and chemo and radiation appts all on August 10th. There was cancer in 1 of 2 lymph nodes they took during my surgery, so I'm assuming I'll be starting chemotherapy. Will find out more August 10th.