Dad is almost 2 years NED

Options
MandiePandie
MandiePandie Member Posts: 109 Member
edited July 2023 in Colorectal Cancer #1

I believe I started counting NED status for my dad based off of his follow up visit after having finished chemo, so technically if we go from surgery its been longer but I prefer to underestimate. I suppose I am just putting this out there for the timelines sake and also to let people know its possible. While I am so grateful for his current state of NED and hope for it to continue in perpetuity; my heart goes out to all of those living with colon cancer. I hope treatments continue to advance and fast.

My last post was about my father experiencing hip pain which was investigated via scans and tests and chalked up to maybe chemo/treatment induced arthritis. I am sure every ache or pain he has will always spark fear. As always I wish he was more complaint with diet and exercise changes but I suppose there is something nice about knowing he can feel "normal" again. I hope it lasts for a long, long, long time and I hope the same for everyone else who has to be here.

Thank you to everyone who has ever taken the time to read my posts.

Comments

• sgold88
    sgold88 Member Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Great news to hear this. So many people are hitting new milestones which also gives tremendous hope to others just beginning to venture on this journey. My wife was stage 4 and is now approaching 4 years NED. Every ache and pain causes anxiety but such is life as we know it now.

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

Congratulations to both you and your father on reaching this milestone!

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

Two years is great!

I celebrate 10 years since treatment on Saturday. Gosh, 10 years! It really just seems like yesterday - but oh, I am so glad it wasn't.

I deal with several long-term issues resulting from chemo and radiation, but they are worth it, to be alive.

The fear will always be there, but it can be filed further and further in your memory, as time passes.

Celebrate the milestones - every single one of them.

Tru

• Erica2016
    Erica2016 Member Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Two years is wonderful Mandie ! Wishing your dad continued health .