Breast Papilloma

Options
JaneDoe1234
JaneDoe1234 Member Posts: 1 Member

Has anyone had a situation like this;

A small cluster of micro-calcifications were found on my annual mammogram that were not seen on my last Mammo or the annual MRI I had six months after mammo. There were two additional areas of micro-calcifications that were too small to biopsy. They biopsied the one cluster and it came back as a breast papilloma and micro-calcifications. The papilloma was not seen on mammo or on the MRI they just had me do last week. Every MRI they make note of marked parenchymal enhancement and that it obscures there ability to detect small lesions so the MRI did not show anything. I had a breast papilloma on the opposite breast found on my annual MRI last yr and then viewed on ultrasound and biopsied. I then had a lumpectomy and came back benign. I do not like the idea of just leaving this in the other breast especially given I now have microcalcifications there as well but if they can’t view it imaging I’m not sure how we will proceed. I have BARD1 and also high risk due to mom, and grandma both having BC at 42.