Nervous about upcoming mamogram

Options
tennisluvr
tennisluvr Member Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2023 in Breast Cancer #1

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 4 years ago and I get extremely nervous every time I need a mamogram. I am scheduled for one early August and find myself in tears thinking about it… how does everyone cope with their exams?

Comments

• catlady2
    catlady2 Member Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I am right there with you! I was treated successfully 4 years ago and my mammogram is coming up next week. The scanxiety is rough! I stay busy and find ways to enjoy myself every day. Try to enjoy every small pleasure or experience that comes your way.

Last year my surgeon said "I do not see any reason why you should have to go through this again". I have done everything I can to help prevent recurrence. I walk 5 miles a day, eat a plant based diet, meditate and do yoga. But I always wonder if I will be the unlucky one to have this beast come back. I will know one way or another in about a week. 🤞

Let me know how you make out in August. Best Wishes.

• catlady2
    catlady2 Member Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Just had my yearly diagnostic mammogram. So grateful that it came back OK.

tennisluvr-wishing you good results when you have your mammogram in August. Let us know how you make out!

Best Wishes🤞

• Chelle1229
    Chelle1229 Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I worry every time I have to have a mammogram. I think it is only natural that we would worry once you have been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Hoping that you have a good outcome on your next mammogram.