Kidney Cancer Survivor since 2021 - My Post- Cancer life

Options
JasonG
JasonG Member Posts: 1 Member

Hello,

I also wanted to share my story and hope it gives others hope. I was sick for almost a year of waking up and dry heaving for no reason. Being nausious 24 hrs a day. Everything I did didn't help. I was in good shape, overweight, but not obese in any way. I also had a hernia that was getting bigger on my lower left abdomen. I woke up one day and felt horrible. Like I didn't want to get up and I went to ER. All this time thinking it was a hernia. Dr took a scan and came in the room and said, " Never mind the hernia. You have Kidney Cancer". "But don't worry, its a highly curable cancer". My wife burst into tears and I was just shocked. She had just rung the bell on the end of her cancer treatment 10 months, before. I have always been an optimistic guy and seeing that she went through literal hell and made it through, I could do the same. and I did. Stage 3, Partial Nephrectomy and I go on my way. Boom, easy, right? It was, for the first year until recently. I am healed, but I am not the same, my body isn't the same. I have less strength and drive to do Intense physical things. I am really active but nothing pushing my body, physically. I am only 53 and now I am at an amazing weight I have maintained for a year. It's the Post thing that noone told me. I can power through alot, but this is bothering me. So figured I would share on here. Anyone who has been diagnosed with Kidney cancer, I wish you well in your journey. You got this! Jason