Osteoradionecrosis of the Jaw and Medication Related Osteonecrosis of the jaw

Options
wbcgaruss
wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,276 Member

Here is a video I came across and it shows the 2 ways we can have jaw problems. And there is an alternative treatment to HBOT which is good to have but no guarantee it will give you the healing you need. They are now utilizing pentroxiflline and tocopherol.

This video in on the medical technical side so my understanding of it is not complete but I think some of you folks out there in the H&N community will find information in it you will find helpful possibly.

Take Care, God Bless-Russ

Keith Kirkwood, DDS, PhD, will explain how to understand the similarities and differences between osteoradionecrosis of the jaw and medication related osteonecrosis of the jaw. Lastly, how to summarize the ration-induced fibroatrophic pathogenesis model of ORN. How to understand the rationale for utilizing pentroxiflline and tocopherol. 

Related Presenters

Keith Kirkwood, DDS, PhD

Department of Dentistry & Maxillofacial Prosthetics, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center

Background Education and Training: 1997 - PhD, University at Buffalo, Oral Biology 1991 - DDS, West Virginia University Residency: 1995 - Periodontics, University at Buffalo Fellowship: 1999 - Individual NRSA Fellowship ...