ADT plus chemo

Options
A88M
A88M Member Posts: 22 Member
edited June 2023 in Prostate Cancer #1

I have watched some videos with Dr. Schulz and he seems to recommend to go after the cancer recurrences strong and hard ADT and Chemo for recurrence plus radiation if needed. I went to Sloan and they did not recommend chemo for my disease burden. What says this community?

Comments

• Josephg
    Josephg Member Posts: 386 Member
    Options

My Oncologist advised me that PCa treatment philosophies are changing from delivering one remedy method or procedure at a time in sequence (after one does not work anymore or becomes irrelevant) toward literally throwing the kitchen sink of existing remedies at the cancer. This change is being driven by successes achieved in Europe by going very strong against PCa with using simultaneous remedy methods or procedures.

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

Hi,

I would imagine that hitting your body with chemo, ADT, and radiation all at once would really make you sick or disable you. Its been common practice to hit Prostate cancer with say ADT and radiation, I guess it all depends on how aggressive cancer is attacking your body. If it was me I don’t think I would go for the trifecta………..

Dave 3+4