Fallopian tube recurrence in lung?

Options
13»

Comments

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    Options

A,

Glad you made it through ok. I learned more about the steroids when I read that article. They have prescribed them to me for when I have extreme arthritis pain (osteo) to knock out the inflammation quickly, as well as for pre-treatment for scans and chemo. It is a miracle drug for sure.

xxoo

Denise

• jan9wils
    jan9wils Member Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Just read through all of this. I haven't been on here this summer until today. I'm gobsmacked! Hope you are doing okay and can enjoy your horse for a bit more before "next steps". I was satisfied with my experience with MD Anderson though I didn't receive treatment there. I was intimidated by the size of the place! I'll be checking back to see how you are. I think I would be spitting mad too!

Jan

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Hi, Jan!

It’s so nice to see you here again! Welcome back!

Yes, we’re gobsmacked, too! I’m doing OK! Astonishing well! My only real side -effect has been some pretty severe fatigue. It’s strange…NO nausea or vomiting even though I’ve only taken the med at bedtime to avoid middle-of-night vomiting, but the fatigue feels like I’m carrying lead in my veins! And it comes and goes…not with me every minute! I just recently learned that the carbo is the real “heavy-hitter” in the chemo combos! I thought it was the taxanes because we know they are responsible for all the worst side-effects. Reading about the nivolumab (immunotherapy I’m getting) it refers to activating the T-cells to do their tumor fighting duties. All the time I was taking the Zejula and it was keeping my absolute lymphocytes low it concerned me. It didn’t make sense….I’m taking this drug to avoid a recurrence, but it’s lowering my own body’s ability to fight tumor cells?

I’ve still been able to go to the barn every morning and back in the evening with my husband. It’s amazing! I’m going to try to do a trail ride with one of my friends today. It requires more effort…just saddling up!..but I can take it slowly and get off and walk if I need to! In another doctor’s office recently, I mentioned I was riding a lot, He said, “Well, doesn’t the horse do most of the work?” Idiot. I said, “Have you ever ridden a horse???” He said he had. I’m guessing he showed up at some stable and climbed on a horse that someone else had ready to go. They walked around for an hour. When it was over he climbed off. That is not riding! THAT is sitting! Hahahaha!

Fingers crossed this treatment is working! Thank you for your kindness!

❤️❤️❤️, A