Support, advice

Options
jjlose
jjlose Member Posts: 1 *
edited August 2023 in Caregivers #1

I am writing to get support and advice. I am in a relationship with a woman who lives in another country. I met her while on a mission there. She was treated for breast cancer in the past. She lives in Vietnam. Plans were to bring her to the U.S. next year and be married. I am 67 and she is 59 years old. We were both excited and happy about spending our lives together. On 6/20/23 she found out that the cancer has returned. She spent all of her resources on treatment the first time and has nothing left. In her country, they must pay out of pocket for most of the treatment. I could pay some but my money would run out quickly. I spoke to an immigration attorney to see about getting an emergency visa for treatment here. I don’t know where to turn to get her treatment once she is here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also need emotional support. I am devastated.

Comments

• lizzy123456
    lizzy123456 Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

depends what state you are in for healthcare. Md Anderson is great for cancer. If you’re part of a church you might be able to help you raise money. I am sorry you’re going through this. Cancer is never an easy thing to go through for a caregiver no matter how you’re related to the person. Keep working each day and if she comes here make sure the insurance for her is set up. I wish you the best!