Enzalutamide, has anyone been on this?

Options
Emily2015
Emily2015 Member Posts: 8 Member

My husband has now been told that he should take Enzlutamide tables. Lots of side effects with it. He has to sign to say that he has given his permission to use this.

Has anyone on this discussion board been on this drugs?

Comments

• Bill91101
    Bill91101 Member Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Hi Emily,

I have been taking Xtandi (Enzalutamide) for almost two years now. It has worked very well for me. I haven't had any issues with side effects from the Xtandi. My urologist said that he typically only sees fatigue as a side effect for his patients receiving Xtandi. I really like my urologist, so it was a 'no-brainer' taking his advice.

I was diagnosed with PCa in 2009 and been through radiation and ADT treatments since (Lupron, Degarelix, Zoladex, Casodex).

The Casodex stopped being effective about two years ago. My PSA jumped up to about 8, so the urologist switched me to Xtandi. I am hoping the Xtandi continues to be effective for a lot longer.

The main problem with Xtandi is the cost is ridiculous. But I have been lucky in getting coverage through my Medicare plans and directly through the manufacturer.

I am also getting Lupron injections every six months. I used to get the hot flashes and fatigue, etc. from the Lupron, but not anymore. I was concerned Xtandi might make these side effects worse, but I haven't seen any evidence of that happening.

Good luck to you. Fingers crossed.

Bill

• 1Walleyejones
    1Walleyejones Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Good to hear Bill I will be starting ztandi in a month. Yes it is very expensive. I was nervous about taking it but it is good to hear you have done well.