Have you been ghosted?

Options
ChristineC
ChristineC Member Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2023 in Emotional Support #1

I feel like I have lost so many people since I told them about my cancer diagnosis. Friends and family both. I wish I could go back in time and not even tell them. It’s so painful to process that they haven’t even texted me a “how are you doing”. Cancer without any support is really horrible. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Miranda7
    Miranda7 Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I am so sorry this has been your experience!!! it should definitely be the opposite. However, I do try to remember what it was like before my diagnosis. I knew absolutely nothing about cancer and what people go through. So try to open up and tell them what you’re going through. And also it’s super important to tell them what you need help with. Many people want to help but they do not know what to say or what to do. So it might not be that, I don’t want to help or it that they don’t care. It simply might be. They are at a loss and feel helpless or uncomfortable. So open up to the people you care about the most and I am sure they will be there for you. 🩷🩷🩵🩵🩵🩵🙏🏽🩷🙏🏽🩵

• P1CancerSurvivor
    P1CancerSurvivor Member Posts: 7 *
    Options

Do not burden yourself for the actions of others. Please seek out your local non-profits for assistance and guidance. Inquire with your doctor or local cancer center for support and social groups. You DO have the mental and physical strength to fight your cancer. I believe in you and you're not alone. You can also reach out to other cancer patience, doctors and nurses. Fellow colleagues, current and past. Join online groups such as this one and others. Keep a journal can also assist as well. You can do this.