First Day with No Hair!

FrankieMi
FrankieMi Member Posts: 1 Member

I finally had to shave my head today. I knew this was coming, and I didn't want it to be a big deal, but it is. I really wanted to be one of those people who could just confidently rock the bald head, at least in my own home. My husband is out of town and I thought it would give me a couple days to make this normal for myself before having to face someone else, but I'm not sure that was the best plan. Even though I shaved my head, so I still have a bit of hair now, I know the slick bald is coming. It doesn't help that I really don't like my wig at all, which is making it all the more frustrating!

Knowing this is coming, and so many people go through it, anyone else have a harder time with it than expected? Any tips? I want to laugh and focus on the good things, but this is really difficult!

Comments

• one_happy_island
    one_happy_island Member Posts: 5 Member

It IS a big deal and it is difficult. I just rocked the hats. Find one you like...try all kinds. They also sell cute hats with "hair". I feel ya'. You are not alone. I remember being in an airport waiting to Board and a child asked their Mom, "Mommy, is that a boy or a girl?" I burst out in 😢 tears...silently. Reach out, talk about it! Best wishes ❤️

Kate