Galleri Blood Test--Blood Test For 50 Types Of Cancer Could Speed Up Diagnosis

Options
wbcgaruss
wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,277 Member

In my search for information on the NavDX blood test for cancer, I also came across another Blood test to detect cancers as well. It is very similar I think to the NavDX test. I think these tests are clear examples of medical advances in the field of cancer testing.

I think from what I am reading I am not sure if it is being used very widely or if there is more testing to be done. It has been tested according to one of the articles from 2020. According to the Galleri website, the test is available through your healthcare provider. I would assume if they participate.

The Galleri test can be included in a routine visit with your healthcare provider through a simple blood draw. Talk to your healthcare provider today about your risk for cancer, and whether the Galleri test is right for you.

The Galleri Test: The Galleri test can detect more than 50 kinds of cancer

What is the Galleri test? 

The Galleri test may present a far more efficient way of detecting cancer. Instead of searching for any one type of cancer, it screens an individual for multiple cancers. Its potential is to change the current screening process from screening for individual cancers to one where individuals are screened for multiple cancers with a single blood test. 

Galleri is a multi-cancer early detection (MCED) test that looks for a signal shared across more than 50 types of cancer through a simple blood draw. Many of these cancers are not commonly screened for today and otherwise may go unnoticed before symptoms appear.

If a cancer signal is detected, the Galleri test is able to identify which organ system the cancer is likely coming from with about 90% accuracy. If this happens, you would then have another test (like a blood test, CT scan or ultrasound of your kidneys, lungs, pancreas or other affected system) to verify the presence of cancer. Then, you can determine what treatment is right for you. The key here is that you’re catching cancer much earlier than you normally would have before you start showing physical symptoms.

We collaborated with leading cancer institutes to study the Galleri test, including

ng

Links to source pages below--

Take Care, God Bless-Russ