Should You Wear A Medical ID Bracelet? Yes It Could Save Your Life And Avoid Problems

Options
wbcgaruss
wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,277 Member

Hello, everyone, I hope you all are having the best day possible.

I was recently at our local H&N support group and the meeting was over and I was talking to one of the nurse navigators and we covered a couple of things about my condition overall and I told her I should consider a medical ID bracelet maybe and she agreed that it would be a good idea.

This was not new to me as I had considered getting one before and had a small discussion with my speech therapist about it previously but just didn’t do it partially because there were none specific to my condition I could buy.

Well, I finally decided to pursue this and get one because if I would be unconscious or unable to talk or for any other reason be unable to relay my condition information it could have some major implications.

My search led me to find out there are vendors out there who can make a medical bracelet for you and they can list whatever conditions you specify within the parameters of number of lines and the number of letters. There are also necklaces available but personally, I don’t think I would want one because it would be less visible and less obvious in an emergency.

I am putting this out there because there may be others on here that need to know about this and consider getting one.

Remember the bracelet can speak for you when you can’t about your most critical stats.

The vendor I got one from was more than happy to work with me fitting on the important information I wanted. And they were priced very reasonably.

If you look on the internet there are many places selling them

I have talked to the CSN Admins about what I can post here and I can’t post any vendor information but if you are interested in knowing about the vendor I used and other info related to this just send me a Private Message Via the CSN message system.

Since I had an operation on my neck for a lymph node that was not encapsulated and had spread, the operation was more involved than expected and involved complications also. I have also been radiated in the H&N area twice so all this has led to me being difficult to Intubate, etc.

I am going to put some photos here. You will notice I have my name partially blacked out and my phone number also.

Including a video also.

If you have any serious or semi-serious medical condition an emergency responder should know about I urge you to get one.

Take Care, God Bless-Russ

Medical ID – Should You Wear One?