Pregnancy after breast cancer

survivor20
survivor20 Member Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2023 in Breast Cancer #1

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with stage II IDC with one lymph node involved in Feb of 2020 at age 28. We have a son that we welcomed via surrogacy in 2021. I’ve always dreamed of having a big family and am finding it difficult to let go of the dream. I’d love to give my son a sibling, but surrogacy is horribly expensive and due to my cancer being estrogen positive, I’d have to pause my anastrazole during the pregnancy. I am so worried that it would cause a recurrence.

I know the current evidence shows that it does not increase the risk of recurrence, but my anxiety is so horrible at times, I just don’t know if can trust it.

Has anyone had a successful pregnancy following estrogen positive cancer?

thanks

Comments

• LovesPrimes
    LovesPrimes Member Posts: 109 Member

@survivor20, I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this. I can't help as my children were 28 and 20 when I was diagnosed but I wanted to reach out and say that I read this post. The thing about cancer is it brings on so many hard decisions, not only related to treatment, but trying to live our lives. I wish you the best and hope you get good counsel from your oncologist and from others who have walked this road.

P.S. If you haven't already, maybe also try the discussion boards at breast cancer.org and see if you can find a match through reach for recovery where you can text or talk live: https://reach.cancer.org/

• survivor20
    survivor20 Member Posts: 3 Member

Thank you for the kind words! I’m sorry for all that you’ve gone through as well. I appreciate the advice to reach out via the link provided. I pray for healing for you as well. Sending love 💕