Best way to cure colonal cancer

Options
imd
imd Member Posts: 4 Member
edited June 2023 in Colorectal Cancer #1

My father is waiting for biopsy results, this is a first encounter of me and my family with such a disease.

I am exploring different treatments online, also consulting to different doctors.

Allopathy which includes chemo, radiation and other methods,

There is immunotherapy, which includes Dostarlimab drug.

There is naturopathy, which changes your lifestyle and with yoga pranayam it cures.

There is Ayurvedic therepy which can be combined with above two.

Among these most approved is obviously Allopathy but most unsafe is also allopathy.

I know cancer survivors also must had tried different ways to ultimately settle with one.

So I just want experience of knowledgeable people on this forum to not do trial and error with my dad but to choose the best and most successful among these.

Comments

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

You might want to do some research on pubmed about the various treatment options: PubMed (nih.gov)

I think you will find that the great majority of people on this board elected to have traditional medical treatment, with some supplementing that treatment with other techniques.

Best of luck in dealing with these challenges.

• tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited June 2023 #3
    Options

For rational options I'd start with the free Life Extension Foundation articles on cancer (online) especially their articles on colon cancer and cancer surgery, and the Moss Report (a website) on Colon Cancer (over 400 pages for $$$) for conventional and alternative care options already summarized.

You haven't provided (m)any details to respond to. Scans, blood and biopsy results refine the conventional staging and offers of surgery, chemo and immunotherapy. We used a lot of extra blood work (e.g. blood panels like CA199, LDH, ceruloplasmin, 25 OH vit D, ESR, fibrinogen, d-dimer AND literature driven interpretation techniques) to navigate and enhance our metastatic colon cancer options.

Mostly, for colon cancer, you should want surgery if it's offered to you, and lots of carefully selected supplements for immediate use and surgery, and perhaps for chemo. From my point of view, after being told my wife was hopeless or incurable (too) many times in years 1-6. We immediately used the off label drug and nutraceutical recommendations of Life Extension as a initial reference point, adding stuff as fast as **rationally** possible, starting on Day 1 of diagnosis. We initially delayed too long on starting chemo, but made a better version for us. (from 5FU skeptic to 5FU manipulators and careful admirers who found chemo 24 hrs after surgery was carefully doable and desirable, instead of the nornal 2-6 weeks off chemo, before and after surgery)

We enhanced her particular chemo (a cheap 5FU derivative, an old pill, UFT, developed in Asia long before Xeloda) with other off label drugs and nutraceuticals, some targetable. For her treatment and biology, she has had over 900 IV vitamin C infusions, 8 years of immunochemo (chemo with immune enhancing supplements), 2 surgeries, over a year of megavitamins and supplements + celecoxib + IV vitamin C alone after chemo. Like many new CRC patients she needed lots of vitamin D3, because 11 -17,000 iu per day still wasn't adequate for good blood levels.

Chemo free for 5 years now.

• imd
    Options
  • imd
    Options

Thanks for the detailed information, so as I understood you used both type of treatments, conventional one and natural one. Which helped cure your wife. Is it correct ?

As far as my father is concerned his blood parameters are all okay for now (didn't check d-dimmer though) just one issue found that he has very low vit D.

I have also found another type of therapy called Dendritic cells therapy which strengthen the immune system causing to remove cancer permanently. Again I am confused if the treatment is good for my dad or not.

• tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited June 2023 #6
    Options

Oral chemo, skilled surgeries and off-label chemistries (natural and not) were all crucial to my wife.

You need staging information to address therapy choices.

It is possible to estimate rough stage probabilities from various common blood tests, e.g. CBC + 20-30 chem panels, which I found very desirable but not well supported by the local talent. Collecting the data anyway was a high priority for me. "true staging" is post surgical, pathology determined but still has uncertainties. Because of screwups, miscommunication and opportunities, I still needed the extra blood data interpretations after the first surgery and for several years.

There are some high tech conventional and experimental immune therapies and there are complementary-alternative immune strategies. Those sourced through conventional medicine will be mostly guided by an oncologist, and insurance.

Various immune therapies are combinable with traditional chemo, albeit conventional drs usually aren't very good at it, and that opens the door for alternative MDs and ND. We found many gaps and opportunities to optimize chemo, chemistry and immune modulations off label. Again, pathological information is very important for finding treatment options and making decisions. Scans and (more) blood work are things you can do right now, often literally today, if not already done.