Highlights from SGO Meeting for Endometrial Cancer

Options
NoTimeForCancer
NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
edited August 2023 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Hello everyone! If you are interested, I am so hoping you can click on the link below and watch the eight, short videos from recent Society of Gynecologic Oncology meeting that just took place. They touch on the RUBY and GY018 studies that show some interesting promise on treating our cancer.

https://www.cancernetwork.com/readout-360/highlights-from-the-society-of-gynecologic-oncology-sgo-annual-meeting-on-women-s-cancer-2023?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=05302023_CN_GSK-23-OND0686%20SGO%20Readout%20360&eKey=ZV9kb2xpbmFyQGF0dC5uZXQ=

Comments

• Mercorby
    Mercorby Member Posts: 99 Member
    Options

This is exciting news. But those of us who have HR+ and HER2- endometrial cancers need to also look further down the page to look at the breakthroughs in HR+ HER2- breast cancers too. It takes a while for this info to filter down to endometrial cancer treatment, so it's good to keep an eye on that.

Another thing to note is that because some of these findings are so new, they really don't know the long-term side effects of these protocols. I'm in that situation now. I've spoken to three gyn oncs and my hematology onc (the one who prescribed my current regimen of Ibrance and anastrozole). I've been in remission and on this regimen for 5.5 years. 2 of the 3 gyn oncs feel that maybe I can take a break, but the other two drs do not feel that way. When I look for the research on how many years I should be on this regimen, I find that there is no research and this lack of research (and certainty) is recognized by ALL of the oncs that I consulted. The two oncs that think I can take a break also feel that I can get by with only one CT/PET scan a year. But when my two recurrences showed up, each time they were fast-growing - within the 3-month period, and could not be found except from the scans. Therefore the other two oncs, agree that I should continue to have the scans every 6 months. All the oncs agree that this cancer will come back based on all the mutations (which are similar to the metastatic breast cancer hr+HER2- cancers).

The biggest change that I did make was to switch my monthly visits and blood tests to the hematology onc to every other month. I'd be willing to switch to every three months, but he's not keen on that. Also, the gyn onc visits are down to every 6 months. So, I like my vacation from the dr. appointments. Meanwhile, I live my life and enjoy swimming and being with my grandkids.

• bav
    bav Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Thank you for posting this!

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    Options

Thanks, No Time!

Denise