Uterine Cancer Mortality on the Rise, but Research Remains Underfunded

woodstock99
woodstock99 Member Posts: 206 Member

I came came across this article recently and it infuriated me.

Very upset to read about uterine cancer funding particularly in relation to mortality. I was not really surprised that breast cancer is the most funded but shocked at the variance..

I wish there was more we can do s a patient, survivor and consumer to lobby for more research and funding.

https://www.cancertherapyadvisor.com/home/news/conference-coverage/society-of-gynecologic-oncology-sgo/sgo-2023/uterine-cancer-mortality-rise-research-remains-underfunded/

Comments

• Mercorby
    Mercorby Member Posts: 105 Member

Yes, this is true. My onc says that the results from breast cancer and now, ovarian cancer research trickle down to uterine cancer after about 3 to 5 years. This is why it is super important that you know the genes and mutations and everything else about your cancers. Then look at all the research on metastatic breast cancer and ovarian cancer. Many of the results apply to uterine cancer. My uterine cancer is er+ and pr+ and her2-. Because my onc first worked in breast cancer and clinical trials before working in uterine cancers, he knew about Ibrance and gave it to me off-label. It's been 5 ½ years, and I am still in remission and still on Ibrance.

I recommend going to sharecancersupport.org and looking at all the webinars in each section, not just the under uterine cancer. I think you need to take a proactive approach and keep tabs on the current research in all areas of cancer in women's reproductive system. Sometimes, I see a piece of research before my dr.

Hope this helps.

Corby