Vulvar cancer

andwho
andwho Member Posts: 7 Member

I have just been diagnosed with vulvar cancer. Going for pet scan this week for more info. I am in pain and very difficult to sit. I’m sure surgery will be done & wondering if this pain or the pain after surgery will be worse. Urinating is torture right now. Lidocaine not much help, I use a squirt bottle and that is painful also . Help! Any advise?

Comments

• countrygirl1
    countrygirl1 Member Posts: 1 Member

Hey Andho, how are you doing on your journey?

• jm7
    jm7 Member Posts: 2 Member

I had virtually no pain after surgery from surgery site...before surgery was unbearable. The hardest part of surgery for me was going home with catheter for a week and a drain for two weeks. The drain was very hard for me. After all was out, good to go👍

• andwho
    andwho Member Posts: 7 Member

Finished 33 weeks of external radiation and 3 rounds of chemo 4 months ago. My radiologist told me skin heals quickly but I still have irritation & itchiness. Mostly at night. Sometimes so bad I become raw. No more pain urinating. Thank god. Will I have to live with constant skin irritation as a late side effect? I use aquaphor not much help! Is this a common late side effect? Thanks for any advise!