Small Lung Cancer

bookworm1953
bookworm1953 Member Posts: 1 *

My mom was diagnosed in December with stage 4 small lung cancer. It is the type of lung cancer that is aggressive and is neoendocrine. I am really struggling because I do not live in the same state as her and my sister. My sister is on the front line. I also have PTSD, General Anxiety Disorder, and Depression. On top of this diagnosis, I am still grieving my stepdad who we loss suddenly to COVID-19. My sister and mom are being more pessitimistic/realistic about her prognosis and talking that mom is dying. The words sent me over last night into an emotional turmoil. I am look for advice on how to cope and how to keep hope that we can eradicate the cancer for now and have some cancer free years.

Comments

• kuronrp
    kuronrp Member Posts: 18 Member

First of all id love to say God is good and capable of all things. Do don't give up hope. But I know our mom's have terminal cancer and it's so hard to digest some days. Yesterday I had to hear the same thing about her dying. It has not stopped running through my head all night. I knew we would have to discuss it at some point but just like you, I was caught off guard and lost my freaking crap. I am sure your mom would love to just enjoy the rest of her life with you and your sister in the best way possible. We gotta stay positive, stay strong, never quit seeking options and you know what..... It's okay for us to break down sometimes. If we didn't, we wouldn't love them right!??

Be blessed and I hope you find some support 🙏❤️